Telewave, Inc. designs and manufactures high quality RF system products. It serves wireless system operators, public safety providers, local and state governments, and federal agencies in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in San Jose, California. Telewave strives to be the premier supplier of seamless interoperable communication systems that provide security and reliability in mission critical Eco-systems for both commercial and military applications worldwide.
Field Applications Consultant - Antennas
Telewave, Inc. – San Jose, CA
Design of LMR antenna systems including: selection of proper type, mounting options, coverage calculations, configuration (pattern, gain, tilt, etc.) to meet customer needs.
Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical phone/email support for customers: product recommendation/troubleshooting, interference mitigation suggestions, and follow-up.
Antenna systems design (typically project based):
- Gathering needed information from the customer
- Perform coverage analysis (Create report from topographic applications)
- Design solutions that resolve overlaps and gaps in desired coverage area
- Design solutions that resolve overlaps between neighboring systems
- Describe the solution; antenna type/configuration, placement, mounting HW.
- Communicate the solution to the customer, answer questions as arise.
- Creating a list of materials, and price for the solution
- Forwarding the solution and list price to sales, to be quoted
- Work with draftsman to create scaled parts/products drawings
- Interpret parts specifications (verbiage and charts)
- Draw schematics for complex products
- Create product Bill of Materials and Pricing
- Write/update product data sheets
Typically will be the understudy of a senior field consultant or engineer.
Spend some time with manufacturing to learn product details (assembly, tuning, etc.)
Will cross train on systems design and support
Update individual project status in the workflow log.
Use various computer tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and multiple other internal and external computer programs running on Windows 7.
Occasional travel to represent company at trade shows, distributors or customer sites.
Requires at least 5 years of customer facing experience in LMR, DAS or Public Safety
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. EOE