Telewave, Inc. designs and manufactures high quality RF system products. It serves wireless system operators, public safety providers, local and state governments, and federal agencies in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in San Jose, California. Telewave strives to be the premier supplier of seamless interoperable communication systems that provide security and reliability in mission critical eco-systems for both commercial and military applications worldwide.
- Develop and implement domestic and international logistics (transportation, distribution, 3PL partnerships, customs compliance) strategies
- Strategically planning and managing material movement and warehouse operations to ensure customer satisfaction (internally & externally)
- Directing, optimizing and coordinating complete order fulfillment cycle
- Liaising and negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and customers
We are looking for a reliable logistics manager to be responsible for the overall order management process. You will organize and monitor the storage and distribution of goods and products, ensuring delivery of customer’s orders as committed.
- Strategically plan for and manage logistics, warehouse, and transportation processes & partners
- Manage all export compliance requirements & regulations related to our products
- Facilitate both domestic and international shipment requirements; including but not limited to recommending optimal transportation modes, scheduling carriers, completing export documentation, and ensuring timely pick up as committed
- Keep track of delivery times, transportation costs and efficiency to reduce overall logistics costs
- Facilitate all appropriate ERP system transactions related to shipping & receiving
- Support all inbound logistics requirements for raw materials, sub-con services, and RMAs
- Develop Reverse Logistics strategy and drive execution with suppliers and customers
- Be primary conduit for troubleshooting and problem resolution of both domestic shipments and international import/export matters
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders; i.e. Sales, Operations, Procurement, Distribution to drive customer satisfaction
- Maintain operational metrics, process documents, training & safety records to ensure ISO compliance and certification
- 7+ years of related logistics experience, or equivalent education & experience
- Min. 2 years of leadership experience with demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Expert knowledge of transportation, distribution, and international export requirements
- ERP system experience required, Syspro knowledge preferred
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Ability to lift up to 40 – 50 lbs
- BS in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
California-based applicants only please. EOE