Telewave, Inc. designs and manufactures high quality RF system products. It serves wireless system operators, public safety providers, local and state governments, and federal agencies in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in San Jose, California. Telewave strives to be the premier supplier of seamless interoperable communication systems that provide security and reliability in mission critical eco-systems for both commercial and military applications worldwide.
Outside Sales representative
Telewave, Inc. - San Jose, CA
Location: San Jose, CA or Remote
With a passion for delivering world class sales support, the Outside Sales Representative will drive order intake and strategic customer support in the field.
- Responds to customer inquiries and ensures customers receive the highest level of pre-sales and post-sales support from our team of inside sales, applications engineers, service engineers, manufacturers’ reps, and distribution partners.
- Drives order intake through the professional management of opportunities from lead to order placement, and ensure customer retention through the orchestration of world class post-sales customer support.
- Visits key accounts and distribution partners to provide product introductions, onsite support, product training, and to build long-term strategic relationships within the public safety, government and mil/aerospace markets.
- Lead efforts to align Telewave product roadmaps with target markets through the facilitation of engagements between Telewave and key account engineering teams.
- Provide representation at key marketing events, including APCO, IWCE and other tradeshows.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
Desired attributes, skills and experience:
- Pleasant demeanor and positive attitude under pressure.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multitask and prioritize workload.
- Adaptive to and comfortable with speaking to internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to provide attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- General understanding of sales and distribution of RF and microwave components and/or public safety communications equipment strongly desired.
- Experience with public safety infrastructure (antenna’s, combiners, towers, etc), ham and amateur radio a big plus.
- Minimum associate degree or higher. Bachelor degree in technical field preferred.
- 2 years sales, applications engineering, or other customer facing experience with an outgoing, can-do attitude.