Telewave, Inc. designs and manufactures high quality RF system products. It serves wireless system operators, public safety providers, local and state governments, and federal agencies in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in San Jose, California. Telewave strives to be the premier supplier of seamless interoperable communication systems that provide security and reliability in mission critical eco-systems for both commercial and military applications worldwide.
Quality Engineer I
Quality Assurance Engineer has the distinct role of representing the Company and the Customer.
As a member of the Quality Assurance Department, you are expected to be the bridge between Design Engineering, Product Engineering/Testing, and Final production. In this role you will detect, coordinate, investigate, and resolve up front design issues, in-process production non-conformances, and Final production issues affecting production and delivery.
As a Key member, you will ensure that manufacturing quality issues are identified and resolved utilizing investigative tools such as SPC, trend analysis, 8D’s, 5 why’s, Fishbone, etc. to help identify the Root Cause, Corrective Action, and Preventive Action.
Customer interface is also a part of this position as well as supporting the various functional teams; Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and Shipping.
Quality Engineering Role: To evaluate and determine best course of action for resolving Manufacturing, Production, Assembly issues on the various products that Telewave offers. You will perform continuous improvement activities utilizing a variety of tools and test methods to streamline and improve first pass yields, reducing production costs and scrap.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document in-process and / or final inspection non-conforming hardware
- Evaluating non-conforming issues and providing sound engineering solutions
- Address assembly and test anomalies
- Generating a variety of documentation to support production
- Performing process audits
- Perform QC function for defined gates, and propose additional gates as needed
- Track test equipment calibration and notifying test operators when due
- Provide support and counsel NPI teams and supporting NPI releases
- Provide management with SPC trend data reporting production analysis to teams & management
- Investigate NCR issues utilizing Quality tools
- Drive corporate Document Control function
- Support Sales in processing RMA returns
- Support Sales in customer service support (when required)
- Monitor and provide guidance to various production lines
- Provide guidance on test methodology improvement
- Provide Safety training as required for new hires & recurring requirements
- Identify opportunities to implement & promote a Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP) culture
- Perform in-depth Root Cause analysis to support CAPA investigations
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management
Qualification and requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering related field (Experience may be considered as equivalent)
- 7 to 10 years in a Quality Engineering role
- Must have an electrical & mechanical manufacturing background
- Good understanding of GD&T principles and practices
- Able to read and understand blue prints / product drawings
- Must have strong verbal and communication skills and work well with other diverse groups
- Must be able to work and function independently and without direct supervision
- Must be knowledgeable of ANSI or AMSE standards
- Good understanding or experience in IPC-A-610E and IPC-A-620 standards
- Must be able to utilize and understand mechanical inspection tools, calipers, micrometers, pin gauges, Height gauges, etc.
- Good understanding of machine shop practices
- Able to read and understand electrical schematic diagrams.
- Able to mediate between conflicting parties and resolve obstacles
- Must be able to identify areas of improvement within our processes
Telewave designs and manufactures high quality RF system products. It serves wireless system operators, public safety providers, local and state governments, and federal agencies in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1972 and is based in San Jose California.
Telewave strives to be the premier supplier of seamless interoperable communications systems that provide security and reliability in mission critical eco-systems for both commercial and military applications worldwide. Telewave products are used by more than 7,500 equipment and network manufacturers and government agencies throughout the world.